Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Sing Along with Me!

**Disclaimer** I talk about poop in this post. If that bothers you, stop reading.

Ok, now that I got all the squeamish people away, let's talk poop. Just kidding. No, really, this post is about poop - but not in a gross way. Hopefully.

So, I doubt you know (unless you live here) that Mamu isn't fully potty trained. If you remember, he's getting really good at keeping it down at the potty, but we're not there with the poop-poop yet.

He's got a pooping spot in the playroom ( wow - that sounds way grosser than it is - it's a place he goes when he needs to poop; he doesn't actually sit there and do it. That's just wrong.)
So, when he's in that spot, not talking and sort of looking strained, I fly into him, try not to startle him and whisk him away as fast as I can to the bathroom. All the while reminding him that he gets a big marshmallow when he poops in the potty.

Well, that was the scene tonight.
Pooping spot? Check
Straining noises? Check
Quiet Mamu? Double check
Flying into the playroom like a crazy woman on speed? Double check.

I got him to the bathroom and nothing.

He had a toy cup with him, so he kept pretending to dump apple juice on the floor. That's apparently super duper funny to a 2 year old.

So, I did whatever any other mom to a 2 year old does (or so I choose to think other people do this) and made up a pooping song. Feel free to use it if you'd like.

Tune: If You're Happy and You Know It
If You're Happy and You Know It - Go Poop Poop! (He actually entered grunting sounds here - totally his idea and WAY funny).
You get the drift. I won't write it all - 'cause then it'll get stuck in your head and you'll hate me.
The next verse?
If you have to poop and you know it, do it in the potty...
Next verse?
If you poop in the potty, you get a marshmallow...
The next verse? (yes, there's more. I know, Jason couldn't believe it either.)
If you have to go poop poop, do it now...

Then we switched tunes. I made this song up a long time ago (like months ago) for Mamu to take a shower. He used to scream and cry when he had to shower. Now that we sing this song (it's only when I give him a shower; he apparently does just fine for Jason) and it works wonders.

Tune: We Will, We Will, Rock You ( yes, by Queen)
We will, we will wash you... wash you. (Mamu actually makes the boom boom chish sounds).

So for the potty escapade tonight? You guessed it:
We will, we will, poop poop. Poop poop.

Yup. I'm crazy. AND I'd like to say that he did poop in the potty. But that would be lying and lying is wrong.

Guess I'll have to come up with better songs.

No comments: