Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, October 4, 2010

Yea! Time for Cake!

So, my dad turned 60 this year.
We (being my sister, my mom, and myself) decided that we needed to throw a surprise party at the same place we threw his 50th. Hey. It'd been 10 years. We barely remembered the last one.

I was in charge of decorations, my mom was in charge of securing the location and food, and my sister was in charge of getting them here (and planning KK's bithday since it is on the same day). I decided to get different pictures from my dad's life and hang them around the room. I took a whole bunch of them from my parents' house and scanned them.

OH MY GOSH!

I don't know if you know about the Rapid Scanner at Target by Kodak, you SO should know! (I am not paid by Kodak, I just want you to know about my FABULOUS experience!)
I had about 55 photos to be scanned in and printed and I was, honestly, dreading the experience. I even roped Auntie into coming with me to keep me company and to fend off the other people wanting to use the kiosk (since I'd probably be there for like, 5 hours). I think I promised her ice cream and wine.

Well, you put about 20 photos into this fancy scanner and zip! It's done in seconds. LOVE IT! It took us about 20 minutes in all to do all these photos, plus some that couldn't go through the rapid scanner and had to go through the flatbed.

Anyways, back to the decorations. I also went on the internet and found different facts and events that happened on my dad's birthday for every year he was alive. I wrote those on different cards and put them on ribbon. I hung them by years. Add a couple of balloons, and extra pictures taped to straws (it looked really cute if I do say so myself) and viola! Easy decorations that are cute and meaningful. I think a lot of people enjoyed looking at the different pictures and it was different and unique - not a slideshow like everyone else does.




We also decided that we should dress up in 50's garb since that's when my dad was born. We didn't make the guests dress up though. We'll save that for his 70th and make everyone do disco. I bought retro bowling shirts for my dad, Jason, and Uncle Mark. (Unfortuantely, Uncle Mark got called back to post and wasn't able to make it, that's another story.) So when dad walked in, I handed him his new shirt (embroidered as well) and sent him off to change. We did surprise him and I think he had a good time. I also embellished shirts for each of the girls with our initals in sequins. Bebe wore her poodle skirt and Mamu rocked a cute polo.



Grandaddy and KK (the birthday kids)

Bebe, Jason, Mamu, and Auntie's arm enjoying the party.
Bebe read most of the time and so did Mamu.
They got lots of compliments on how well behaved they were.
Grandaddy and Bebe (in her poodle skirt)





The gang (left to right)
Auntie, MG, Grandaddy, Me, Jason, Aunt Didi KK
Mamu & Bebe


Sweet friends - Robin
(my friend from high school who married one of my dad's friends/former coworker) and her sweet super duper cute daughter.
It was a great time and I really enjoyed getting to visit with all that came.
We (being my sister and I) have promised my mom that we'll definitely celebrate her big birthday net year.
She's said that she's going out of town.


No comments: