Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, June 20, 2011

Live From Texas, It's Saturday Night!


How did you spend last Saturday night?

Go to the movies?

Go to the pool?

Let your son run in the backyard with the tractor sprinkler?

Help your daughter with a super special surprise for her Dad's birthday?

Go to Kohl's with your bestest friend in the whole world?
I did 3 of those 5 things this past Saturday and had a blast!


Jason was watering the backyard and Mamu saw it and the inevitable happened. He wanted to go out and play in it. Since it was close to shower time for him, I stuck his shoes on him and sent him out! He had a good time, especially when he slid down the slide. It was partially wet and since Mamu was soaked, he went down really fast and loved it!


After I got him in the shower, I helped Bebe with her super secret surprise project for Jason's birthday. More on that another day.


Then, Auntie and I went to Kohl's. I had a gift card, coupons, and Kohl's cash to spend. I gave the Kohl's cash and coupons to Auntie for her to get something new too! We had the best time trying on different dresses and shirts and pants and shoes. Oh the shoes! We love to go to the shoe department and try on the super duper high heels. Then we decided we could make up a new tactic for Auntie to meet a doctor - breaking/spraining/and/or twisting our ankles when we fall out of said shoes. We even made up a sample script of what we would say when we were in the urgent care / ER with our said ankle injury. Here it is:

Doctor: "What happened?"

Us: "Well, you see, we were trying on super cute shoes."

Doctor: "And..."

Us: "Well, you see, umm.... Did you know that Auntie has a Master's degree?"

Doctor: "Oh! Is that true?"

Us: (making sure that Auntie's bare ring finger is front and center) "She's also in graduate school and likes photography. She also likes long walks on the beach and eating at fine dining." (That last part isn't really that true, but if he gets us to a beach, we'll like the walks!... He will need to know that we would like to travel together.)


We then joked the entire time we were trying on shoes that when someone (Not an Eligible Doctor) asked us what happened "Well, we were trying to find a way to meet an eligible doctor..."


We had a great time. She got a super cute jewel tone emerald/turquoise/greeny shirt and I got a new dress. (I also got new pajamas, but I'm taking them back because I don't like the way they fit.)


So that was our Saturday. On the way home from Kohl's, we stopped at Sonic and got some treats. Yummers!

No comments: