Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Where we've been all these days...

Well, yeah. We didn't drop off the face of the Earth. Here's what we've been up to in the past 2 months:

-School started- when you're a Kindergarten teacher who has the inclusion students (students with special needs - this year I have 6; 4 with Autism) August and September are mostly a blur.


-Strep struck-Mamu got the lovely strep strain from school and passed it onto me. Yea. Antibiotics for all!


-My Dad's birthday- Sadly we couldn't celebrate with him on his real birthday (the whole strep thing), we celebrated a week later.


-My Mom's birthday - My dad and I threw her a surprise birthday party (same place that we did Dad's last year). We got her good. :)


-Tired- I'm tired. 21 5/6 year olds for 6 hours a day + an 8 year old + a 3 year old + a Jason + nightly walks with Duncan + cooking + cleaning + sewing = ti-red.


-Mystery- We just (as in last night) threw a Murder Mystery Party. That prep time (with sewing and cooking and cleaning and still doing that whole work and taking care of the family thing) was 2 weeks.


-Dance twice a week - Mondays and Tuesdays are spent at the dance studio. They don't have wi-fi.



I'm pretty sure there was more in there, but those were the highlights. Now that we've settled down (sorta), I'll hopefully get things back on blogging. I need to tell you about how I bought Duncan a Snuggie, how Mamu managed to scrape his knee and bust his lip - all in 2 days. I need to tell you about Bebe and Mamu's adventures and all of the crazy things we do; you know like doing the Time Warp in Party City with Auntie on a Friday night; complete with Viking hats. Oh! and how Mamu had his television debut!



See you soon! (hopefully; unless the Kinders tie me up like Guilliver)



And again... no post is complete without a picture!

No comments: