Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 4, 2012

OOG

What's OOG mean you ask?
It stands for "Operation Organize Bebe's Room Before I Go Crazy!"  (OOG was way easier)
To say that my sweet girl is a tad bit messy, is a tad bit of an understatement.
I decided that with the help of Auntie, we would totally reorganize/redo Bebe's room.
I even started my own OOG board on Pinterest. 
It started last night with me getting all of the trash out of her room.  Then Auntie and I sat down and discussed what we thought we needed (after consulting pinterest of course) and made a list.
Then Auntie came over this morning at 10 and we went to our favorite resale shop (who was even having a sale!) to see what we could find.  Bebe, Auntie, and I scored some major items at the resale shop and then some odds and ends at Dollar Tree.  I rounded out with some finds at Target.  It took us about 5 trash bags (and one donate bag) and about 12 hours (including lunch, dinner, and Roomba-ing).
Let's take a tour, shall we?
There's an entry wall with her name plaques and other things with her name on it.  (Hence, why it's not on here. I'm w.a.y. too tired to operate photoshop right now.)

This is the wall behind her door (which was total wasted space until now).
I found these shoe organizers in the dollar spot at Target.  They were 2.50.
They're perfect for her new favorite doll's shoes and items,
as well as her little Polly Pockets and other small fairies and things.

This is her new art/desk area. 
We had the low table already in the garage.
The green file folder holder is from my classroom.
We moved her bulletin boards to one central section.
We found the stacked cubby/door section at the resale store for 30% off.
We have assorted baskets holding different things - pens, pencils, etc.
We've got some pails that hang on the side of the cubby.
Her bean bag is perfect to use as a chair.

This is the art/ desk area sideways.
That other green holder is from my classroom as well.


We found this magazine basket holder for $1.99 at the resale store.
We had the idea to use some of my ribbon stock to weave in it to make it more girly.
This holds her many coloring books.

We moved some of the art around in her room.

That shelf has a buddy across the room - we scored those at the resale shop for about $5 a piece.
We put all her horse toys up there and she can reach them to play with them when she wants.
(Except one fell off -- a smaller one-- when I whacked my head on it; it flew somewhere.  I'm still looking for it.)

We regrouped the stuffed animals and baby dolls over here.
There's a hamper with a top on it holding her stuffed animals as well.
I found that at Target (that was my one splurge).
  
We purged her tote bag/purse collection
(hmm.. wonder where she got the tote bag obsession from?)
and put her two favorites up on the wall.  The rest are in a bin.

We rearranged some of her bookshelf and I took out some of her younger books she doesn't read anymore.
Her rock collection and horse toy items are in the blue bins.

Here's some toy storage.  Just regrouped those pictures into a central spot.

Dress Up area.  We (Auntie and I) weren't up to sorting through all her 'jewels'. 
I'll tackle that next weekend.  Right now, they're all in the various jewelry boxes.

Her Build a Bear closet is right by her dress up clothes.
We moved the memo board for her and put all her postcards on it.
She's got her bible bag, choir/bell bag, and her dance bag all in one spot.

Duncan loved coming in her room and actually took a nap
while she was reading her good night story to Auntie.

Bebe got an alarm clock (50% off at the resale store - $1.75) and she's so excited!
It's a radio and has a snooze button!  Super wow!

I stayed in my budget and was able to redo her room for under $60.00.  Not too shabby!  I forgot to take pictures of her closet - we used a hanging shirt thingy (from Ikea) and stored her Zoobles, Littlest Pet Shop, and My Little Ponies in plastic shoe boxes.  I also put the matching playsets (those big bulky things) in the empty holes of the hanging shirt thingy.  She gets a 'chore chart' tomorrow that she has to do daily, so that should help her keep her room this way!  Also, I'm printing out the pictures to give her a reference point.
And I do have the bestest friend ever!

No comments: