Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, June 22, 2012

"Flirty, flounced hem!"

Well, I guess I'm not doing so great at updating my little blog here this summer.  Let's discuss some craziness we've been up to, shall we?
First off (and there is no picture of this loveliness), I have almost finished a complete purge/reorganization of our bedroom.  I purged the kid's closets and took 10 bags to Goodwill and 5 to Once Upon a Child.(where I made some money!) and got Mamu's handme downs sorted.  I also pulled out Bebe's old uniform shirts from Pre-K and moved them to his closet. I definitely don't want summer to rush by, but I'm getting prepared for him to wear his uniform to Pre-K.  It's taken almost 2 weeks (because, seriously, with 2 kids and Jason involved in a theater production, I couldn't commit to this happening in 2 days), and both kids rooms are done, our closet is done (just have to organize my hanging clothes back into color order), our dressers are done, and all that is left is a few minor things and my shoes.  I'm deciding how I want to organize them.  We shall see.  Oh, and I have the extra blankets and pillows I need to buy space bags for and those will be done. 
What else have we been doing? Let's go to the phone, ladies and gentlemen, because I sure as heck can't remember it all.  (I love that my phone automatically uploads to google.  I seriously haven't even contemplated loading the camera card onto the computer in about a month.  Random!  Have you heard about the picture frames that you can email pictures to?  That's what I'm talkin' 'bout Willis!  Totally looking into those.  Alright, back to our happenin's:
As I was perusing the Sunday paper, I came across this lovely ad in the coupon section.  I immediately texted the picture to Auntie and here's the convo that followed:
Original text:
Me: "I'm buying us one of each color!  If you notice, it says it has a 'flirty flounced hem'!

Auntie:"How did you know that's what I've been wanting ?!?!
Me: "Jas said we could wear them when we are institutionalized.  I like how he said when instead of if."
Auntie: "Hahaha- he's just jealous because we're going to have so much fun!"
Most of our texts are pretty darn funny.  Maybe that should be a post someday...

Later that week, Bebe spent some of her birthday gift cards from Build a Bear and she got a new bear.  Meet "Zoe" in her lovely bikini with matching bows and towel.
 Meet "Lisa". Lisa  was a previously stuffed rabbit and got a new gymnastics outfit, just in time for the Summer games!  She also got a free beach towel for her since she spent some moola there.
 She went for her 9 year old well check.    Notice Zoe has worn her evening gown for the occaision.  Maybe that would make going to the doctor's office more fun?  Everyone dresses up in evening wear?   Could there be a cocktail hour?  Hmm... I might have an idea here.

 We went down to MG and Grandaddy's house to swim and met Grandaddy for lunch.  Mamu explored the salsa.  I would say "ate the salsa", but that would be lying to you.  He more like licked the salsa, made a face and then tried to wipe it off on his napkin.  Repeat.

Well, it rained while we were at MG and Grandaddy's house, so no swimmy for us.  There was a roaring good game of Life going on, and I believe that Bebe had 5 or 6 kids in her car.  She considers that winning.

Since it wasn't too horrible at one point, Mamu took the duck call and went outside to jump in the puddles.  You know, in case the neighbors don't already think we're crazy, we just solidified that for them. 



 In all of my organizing madness, I tackled the game area first.  I got all of the card games and puzzles into these bins, and got the mini-clipboards into the small one on the right.  5 years later and I'm still on the hunt for chairs to go with this table I found at CCA.  I also got the craft cabinets cleaned out, organized, and labeled.  I am also an expert in all things storage found at Target.

Mamu and I played Toy Story one day. I think this is where they were all laying down for a nap.

 Guess who likes tomatoes?
 We had to take Daddy's car in to get new tires, so while we were in good ol' Denton, I wanted to go somewhere for dinner that we couldn't get in good ol' Flo Mo.  So we settled (ok, I was driving, so no one had a choice) on Dairy Queen.  Mamu had his first Dilly Bar. I enjoyed my Oreo Blizzard (mm....), and Bebe enjoyed a Dilly Bar.

 At one point these past few weeks, Mamu decided to take a picture of his "Lightning McQueen Noodles".  That's what happens when you leave your phone on the table folks.
 Jason took Bebe to see Mirror, Mirror at the Dollar (or 2.50, you know, whatever) Theater and Mamu watched the Rangers with me when he woke up from his nap.

 We've really enjoyed the new organized game area and had fun with Pictureka! (Otherwise known as the 'find it' game - coined by Mamu).

Mamu goes to preschool twice a week in the summer to basically keep his spot for the Fall.  On Tuesdays, he has Splash day.  So he goes to school in his swimsuit and I send clothes for him (including shoes) to change into.  Except I accidentally sent two right tennis shoes for him to wear.  At least they matched...  So he came home like a little old man.  At least I gave his teachers a laugh. :)


Mamu and I went to the 'Secret Park' one day last week while Bebe was at VBS.

 Bebe went to another church's VBS with her friend, H.  They had a good time and sadly, this is the only picture I snapped of her.  I found it amazing (in a good way) that they had over 1,000 kids.  They managed it beautifully.  There were several volunteers in the parking lot to direct you and different bounce housey things every day.

One day while Bebe was at VBS and Mamu was at school, I exercised, showered, and ran off to the Container Store!  It was enjoyable.

You don't know how excited this picture makes me...  Mamu hasn't been big on coloring or drawing, or anything fine motor wise.  Just this summer, he's taken off and really enjoys coloring!  Right now, he's focused on his Hot Wheels coloring book and even lets me come color with him. 

We (ok, the kids) painted banners for Jason.  Mamu took care of Father's Day, and Beebs took care of his birthday since they are only 2 days apart this year.

Last Friday, we went to dinner at Mooyah and then stopped by the park because the weather was beautiful! 

 Here is Mamu's completed Father's Day sign; complete with Marvin drawing - he did that himself!

When I purged Bebe's closet, we found a lot of dresses that MG made and some other cute ones I didn't really want to part with, so I texted Aunt Didi and told her they were headed her way!  I skyped with KK yesterday and she's super excited about the pink cowgirl boots coming her way!

For Father's Day, we went to the Ft. Worth Cats (a fun minor league team) and met MG and Grandaddy there!  (Those pictures would be on the aforementioned camera card...) 


Jason got a new GPS for Father's day, so Mamu got to hold the old one.  He was so excited that we changed the picture to a monster truck for him!  He watched it pretty much the whole way there, and the whole way home.  You know, because he can't see the one mounted for Jason... oh, wait!  He can.  Enh, whatever makes you happy kiddo.

For Jason's birthday, we made burgers and fries/tots.  Bebe was in charge of the fries and tots and did a great job!


We busted out the playdo and craft kits this past week and Mamu loved his playdo!  He seriously played with it for over 30 minutes!

Bebe found a kit in the (newly organized so you can find things like this that we bought years ago) craft cabinet and decided to make the 'wish' pillow.  I am very proud of her because she didn't follow the directions, got frustrated, but went back and finished it.

Mamu has several stuffed animals that he refers to as his 'guys'.  These are just a few of them.  The 'guys' live on his bed and the other stuffed animals live in a basket.  He does not acknowledge them at this time. 
From left to right:  Nemo, Puppy, and Monkey Pup.  I'm pretty sure Sharkey is in there too...
I had gotten a gift card to Scooters from one of my students, so we decided to go try it out.  Yummy!  Beebs has been asking to go there all the time now.  I think it has something to do with getting to put your own sprinkles on it...

I tried out some new flatbread tonight for pizza night.  I think I'm probably late to the flatbread movement, but oh well.  My mensa brain is way too occupied to worry about these things.  Verdict?  Good, but probably for appetizers, more than a main meal if we go the pizza route. 


Finally, my mom gave me some Brewer's Yeast to give to Duncan to help ward off fleas (boy howdy those fleas are bad this year!  Thanks for not freezing us this past winter Mother Nature...)  so I thought I'd stick it in some peanut butter...  Well. That went n.o.t. well at all.  Ok, here's the thing.  I used Natural Peanut Butter.  I had bought it for a recipe and this is my first adventure with it. (Ok, so I'm late to that party too).  Stirring it was, um, interesting, and a tad bit gross.  I was reminded of newborns...and not in how cute they are...think the other end.  Then I sloshed some of the oil all over my hand.  You know, while I was stirring it.  Then I put the pill into a nice, yummy dollop and hand fed it to Duncan.  Except, it's pretty, um, liquidy, so it was pretty drippy, and it ended up all over my hands, his nose, and the floor.  Then, mensa rang my doorbell, and I thought about putting it into his bowl.  Which he promptly took out and put on the carpet.  Score card?  Duncan: 1  Me/Pill: 0  He did enjoy licking all the peanut butter he could off my hands...
 Well, as Porky Pig would say "That's All Folks!"

No comments: