Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, January 21, 2013

I'm a sucker....

So, this week was true Texas weather.  The shot below was Monday, while I was waiting for Bebe's jazz class to finish...


And this is Tuesday...  It snowed AND we went to school!  It's amazing!  Usually any little flake with cancel our day.  I celebrated by chilling my Dr. Pepper outside my classroom.

 Mamu enjoyed doing his 'homework' which is little practice books we've gotten.  He brought it with him to ballet on Wednesday and enjoyed practicing his letters.  Doesn't he look cute in his little sweater?  He got to wear it to school because it fits in the uniform code.  Moose are optional. :)

 I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am so thankful that my kids play with each other!  I found them playing the castle/batcave/pirate boat this week and it was so cute!  I'm still not sure what was going on, but all the knights, batpeople, villians, etc were playing together.

 One of my students' moms is having a boy in March, so I told her that I would be happy to give her some of Mamu's old clothes.  I braced myself for going through his old baby clothes, and surprisingly it wasn't too bad!  I kept one box, have 3 that I need to see if I can get the stains out, and 6 boxes to give to our friends for their wedding garage sale, and 2 for the student's family.  Now don't think I was stingy with them, she told me that she doesn't need any 0-3 month things.  Also, I tried to sell some to Once Upon a Child, but they didn't buy much.  But, that was more than I had with the clothes sitting in his closet!  Please excuse the mess, I was mid sorting and piling and we've not been forcing Mamu to make his bed.  But you can guess who is favorite superhero is by his sheets...
 Saturday we ran errands and did some general things.  After naps, Bebe put on a show with her Zoobles.  It was Sleeping Beauty complete with props, prop list, cues, and a spotlight.

 And then Mamu got in on the action...
 These are two of Mamu's favorite guys.  Tutu and Ooh Ooh. Somedays Ooh Ooh is Tutu's mom, and some days his dad.  They go on a lot of adventures.
 Mamu decided that he needed a headlamp when he went to bed... We wouldn't let him keep it on, he was up late enough as it was!  He would probably read until he fell asleep ...

 Yesterday we celebrated Aunt Sam's birthday.  She died when Bebe was a baby, but we celebrate her birthday every year.  This year, we went to play mini-golf and ride go-karts.  Bebe decided she still doesn't like go-karts because they go too fast.  I told her I would remind her of that in 6 years...  Mamu loved riding with Jas though.  I believe they rode 3 times.


 Of course there were arcade games (are they still called that?) so we played a few.  I had to get my Skeeball on!  Bebe played a giant touch screen Fruit Ninja and Mamu did the hammer the alligators and sharks.  We got 43 tickets!  Oh my!  The prizes we got!  A bracelet, lollipop, and 2 army men!

We enjoyed Marygail's and Jon's company last night for dinner and games!  Mamu was so excited to get to play his roller coaster game and Bebe got to play Killer Bunnies.   I got to talk wedding with them because they are engaged!  So exciting! Especially with Pinterest!  I made my own board to pin ideas for her there.  :)
 We celebrated with Chips Ahoy! cupcakes for Aunt Sam as well.  They are g.o.o.d!
 This morning we had no school, and I found Batman reading this morning!
 Bebe got some money for Christmas and she needed to get one of her bears from Build a Bear fixed, so we went to the mall today.  Mamu is obsessed with maps.
 At first, only Bebe was going to get an animal since Mamu is super picky about his guys.  However, he saw a wolf (it's actually a Husky, but we're not going into that) and he came to me with his cute little face, very sincerely and said "It's wolfie's dad mom!  Can I get him please?"  Well, since I'm a sucker, Hearty has joined our family.  And wolfie is so excited to have his dad.  Because apparently, he was missing.
 Mamu had brought in MonkeyPup to see if MonkeyPup needed anything...
 It's a shame this is too big to ship to Alaska because it was on super good sale and I wanted my sweet KK to have it!  However, all the savings I would have on it from the store would be eaten up in shipping costs.  Sorry KK.  (Plus her mom said no.)
 We typically go to Chili's to celebrate Aunt Sam's birthday, so we did today since we were too tired yesterday from our puttputt adventure.  Here is Rani, Bebe's newest bear.  It lights up.
 Our requiste silly pictures... Never to disappoint!

It was a good week.  A weird weather week, a celebratory week, and a fun week.  I completely enjoyed my last Monday off until March.  And I'm a sucker for a cute little boy...

No comments: