Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sock Man, Homework land, and Bob

So, I accidentally clicked these in the wrong order, so we'll work from today backwards. 

I don't know if this is a normal occurance in other families, but Mamu regularly puts socks on his hands.  Typically right before bed, or sometimes if he has an owie.  Not sure why we got Sock Hand Man today, but he was here.  Don'tcha worry now.  He takes them off before bed so he can suck his fingers.  Bebe used to sleep with gloves on her hands when she was about 2 or so.  I promise we turn the heat on in our house!
Mr. Men bedtime story today.

This.is.Mamu.  He is a blur.
 Last night, we got some hail briefly.  Jas and I were watching a movie and all of a sudden, I said "Is that hail?"  Yup.  Just like Sonic ice... I did mention that we should grab a cup!  (Please excuse the random yellow bucket in my backyard.  I'm not even sure why it's even there.)
 I have been wanting rainboots for awhile... Mostly because when I do bus duty in the rain, my feet get soaked (unless I borrow some from one of my fabulous coworkers who does car duty) and I've not wanted to pay outrageous amounts for them to only wear the few times we stand in the rain.  I found my heart ones at Walmart on clearance yesterday!  I also got the kids' their's at Once Upon a Child yesterday when we went for their clearance sale.  (Side note:  I typically go to their clearance sales and find a lot of clothes for the fall.  They had next to nothing for Mamu - sigh.  But, got Bebe some great pants for a steal!  Also, I got Mamu some cleats for Baseball for $5.00. He is super excited about having 'real baseball shoes'.  -He used to just wear a pair of old velcro shoes.)  Now, back on topic.
True story: We took this in the Kroger parking lot in the space next to ours.  I look up after taking it and see that a car has been waiting for that spot.  Oops!
 Our errands took us all over yesterday and Mamu saw this set-up at Walmart.  He negotiated with me to let him get in and 'pretend to be a football man'.  This involved a lot of falling down. 
 Friday, Bebe had a friend over to play, so I made cookies for them to munch on after school.  Mamu was saying that his throat hurt and he couldn't eat because he had to hold it with his hands.  I wrapped his scarf around and poof!  It was fixed.  And yes, he's wearing short sleeves in January.  It was 70 degrees Friday.  Dontcha worry...as I write this, it's 32. 
 Bebe and her friend choreographed a dance that they think they are going to enter into the school talent show.  We'll see if they remember that in March.  It was pretty cute.
 Thursday, Bebe helped Mamu read his Bob books (which he loves).  This was an especially big undertaking because Mamu skipped his nap at school and was quite tired.  When he's tired, he's constantly moving.  Now before you think that I'm an evil witch that makes her 4 year old read when he's tired, back it up friend.  He was insistent that he read it.  In fact, I believe he read two that night. 
 There are comprehension questions on the back of this set and Bebe was asking him the questions for me.  Now, you can see the constant motion.  Lord, please help his kindergarten teacher and please keep blessing his preschool teachers with a lot of patience.
 Wednesday, Bebe was at dance and they had posted their costumes for recital.  She took pictures to show Jas, and I figured let's share them with you!  Also, you'll probably forget them by May, but if not, act surprised.
Jazz - with black leggings and possibly the headband.

Ballet.  Isn't it beautiful?  The sash will either be teal or purple.  And apparently there is a doll involved.  I'm about to warn MG that I might (I haven't yet) offer to make the dolls matching dresses.  Why warn MG?  Because I'll need help.  Doesn't it remind you of Gone with the Wind?  Hands down, my favorite ballet costume in 6 years.
 Also, on Wednesday it rained buckets and Mamu was thrilled to get to have his own umbrella.  Sadly, later that night it broke with the wind (it was already on it's last legs from when Bebe used it).  We're in the market for a new one for him, but he hasn't found the one he wants yet.
 Here's the homework station I told you about last time.    It's been working quite well.  I hope we can keep it up!  The white bin holds pencils, tape, stapler, crayons, markers, and stickers.  The first drawer in the black one is Mamu's current choices for work and the second is Bebe's.  I plan on switching out their choices. It's been really good because Bebe can just pull out her drawer and anything she picks will be something she needs extra practice in or a challenge.   The bottom two drawers hold extra workbooks and flashcards, with graph paper, a dictionary, and coloring books.
 The kids are hard at work!
 Monday, Mamu was a  bundle of energy before bed (as usual) but he did stop to tell me that he loved me.... Ok, ok.  Actually, he was pretending to be Spiderman and do the whole web shooting thing, but since he knows that I don't love me some Spiderman, he quickly changed to love.  :)
 See?  Wild man.
 On Sunday, I made bread.  Mmmm.... carbs.  It was hard to save some for the rest of the family and for dinner!
 Saturday, we took advantage of a gift card one of my students gave me and went to have frozen yogurt at the new Sweet Frog that just opened up.  Bebe had earned a yogurt trip with her chores and we enjoyed it!  I love me some cake batter yogurt with gummi bears. 
Mamu was imitating one of the frog pictures there.

Well, that about wraps it up!  This was our first week back after the break and it was a doozy!  The kids were great, we got right back into the swing of things, but man, it was long.  Luckily, this week we have early release on Friday for the kids, so I should be able to get some work caught up on Friday.  Now I'm hungry for yogurt.

No comments: