So, on Wednesday of this past week, we had still had ice on the ground and school was closed. The roads were pretty much solid ice in the neighborhoods and weren't too much better on the highways. Jason went in late to work that day, so it was nice to have him home for just a smidge more than normal.
I am not your typical snow day hibernator (is that even a word?). I don't sit around well. Now don't get me wrong, I can be a couch potato right along with the next guy, but with Bebe and Mamu around, I feel the need to be productive.
Since we cleaned part of the house the day before, I felt the need to continue the cleaning excitement! We had a motto for the week: "Do the not fun thing first, and then we can do the fun thing." So we'd identify a "not fun thing" to do and then pick out our "fun thing".
Today's not fun thing was tidying up Mamu's room. It wasn't anywhere near top level 10 on the messiest room scale; I'd give it about a 4 (which is why we hit that room first - Bebe's is at least a 9). It took about an hour for us to tidy it up; ok, mostly me tidying it up and them helping me when I could find something for them to do and we hung a shelf that's been in there, oh, I don't know, since he was BORN! (or close after) Mamu really wanted to get involved when I got out the toolbox. 

We hung the shelf that was Jason's when he was little and turned it into his dress-up clothes holder. I also hung up his bulletin board (that I've had forever!). I also took his changing pad off of his table -- now, he's not been in diapers since he was almost 2 (and now he's almost 3) and yet the changing pad hasn't moved.... till now.
All I have left to do is sew his curtains for his room!
Then we did our fun thing: Watching Sesame Street!
I made macaroni and cheese with hot dogs for lunch and then Mamu took his nap and Bebe took her 'quiet rest time'. This time, she rested in my bed reading her books. At 2:00, she watched Super Why and her other 'shows'.
Then we played and made dinner - can't really remember what that was, so you know, it was fabulous! Maybe that was beef stew day. Nope. Pretty sure that was Tuesday. Who knows what nutritious items I put out for the family. ;)
After the kids went to bed, you think I'd have slowed down, right?
Umm... no.
I apparently get some sort of energy boost when my phone rings at 5 pm to tell me there's no school again for the next day and I decided to clean my bedroom.
It needed it. Like a momma needs 'quiet rest time'. So I got that done and caught up on my NCIS and NCIS LA. I actually sat in the recliner in my bedroom! Usually, that's not possible, since it's filled/piled/submerged under clothes. I'm taking bets on how long it stays above ground, before the sea of clothes takes it back.
Then, I'm pretty sure I went to bed. I had still sported my lovely 4 layer outfit, but my hair wasn't as wild as Tuesday. I sure wasn't a super cute fashion plate, but I was warm!
No comments:
Post a Comment