Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Day!

So today we had a snow day! Wahoo!


Last night I anticipated having one (aka, the weatherman forecasted the snowpaclypse and ran the radar on the screen all night) so I made a list of the things I wanted to get done while we weren't at school.


I got about half done and I'm pleased with that! We've got another one tomorrow since the windchill is in the low teens and there really wasn't any sun, so I've got one more day to knock those items out!

Oh! Before I start that, I have to let you know how 'fabulous' I looked today. I always am cold during the winter and when I'm cold, I don't want to do anything except sit under the blankets and watch TV. I was bound and determined to get things done today instead of laying around like a bump on a log (not that there's anything wrong with it), so I layered. And layered I did. I have on a tank top, a flannel shirt, a sweatshirt, a pair of sweat pants, and a pair of pajama pants. My toes have wool socks around them and I think I'll need to double up on those tomorrow (although my feet are always cold!). Of course none of this matches and the one time I had to run outside, I shoved my feet into Jason's work shoes (mine didn't fit because of the wool socks). Boy was I a sight! To top it off, I was tired of my hair being in my face, so I have it in a ponytail right on top of my head. I also have a ponytail in the back to hold the rest of it out of my face too. I look like a demented Pebbles from the Flintstones.


Here's what we did get done today:

Jason didn't go in until 10 (thank goodness for that!) and he got Mamu up. He showed him the snow outside and Mamu immediately went and got his shoes. He was ready to go outside!


We did go outside for just a smidge because it was super dee duper windy. Bebe wanted to make a snowman, but it wasn't good packing snow - more icy snow. She settled with throwing a snowball. Mamu has been reading a book called The Biggest Snowball Fight at school, so he was eager to join in. I luckily didn't get hit this year!


We cleaned the living room and reorganized some of it. I also made beef stew for dinner in the crockpot and homemade chocolate chip oatmeal cookies.

I worked on tidying my sewing area and made a sewing machine cover (my plastic one just wasn't cutting it) and a cute magnetic bulletin board!

Add Image
We finished off the night with a rousing game of CandyLand (Mamu won) and after Mamu went to bed, we played Life (Dad won). Bebe cried because she didn't have any kids this time. Yup. Cried. Not because she lost, but because she didn't have kids. We'll probably have to play tomorrow for her to hit the twins square, the boy square, and the girl square. Although she's not too devastated if she doesn't get the boy.


Tomorrow is more cleaning and organizing day. And probably some more board games with a movie thrown in for good measure.

No comments: