So, it's been a while.


I know. I'm sorry. With Mamu's birthday and Bebe's birthday so close together, and with me being an overachiever, I've been swamped with birthday lovin', craftin', and plannin'.
So here's what's been going on:
On Mamu's birthday party day, Bebe and Grandaddy planted tomatoes for us. You see, 3 out of 4 people in our family are tomato lovers. And we figured, why not? Let's grow our own instead of buying them. They do well in containers and really just need watering, so we should be able to do this! I am proud to tell you that we have several blossoms and Bebe is being really responsible and watering them every day.
I was able to get both kids' rooms clean (and they've pretty much stayed that way!) and there was only minimal crying. Bebe was really motivated once she saw Mamu's room. She even planned a little story to go along with her different pictures. She posed them and everything. I'm not going to post them all on there - it's a way long story.
We've been enjoying the nice weather and still working away on the playfort. If the wind would just die down, then we could get it done!
Mamu's school had it's annual Spring Fling, which is their annual fundraiser for a charity. Each class has the parents donate different things for themed baskets and they also do a class project. Last week, the director contacted me and asked if I would put the donation basket together. The email started with "I know you're crafty and I really think you would do a great job ..." So, I put together the "Life's a Beach" bucket together. I forgot to take a picture of the 3 swim noodles and mini-pail with flip flops, but you get the idea. I had Jason take it with him in the morning and managed to flash half the neighborhood -- here's how that happened. So, I don't get dressed for work before breakfast and making lunches. I don't know why, it's just how I do it. So, I'm in my nightgown, which Bebe said to me "Why do you wear that when it's too small for you?" -- let's clarify shall we? It's not a length I would wear outside or with people other than my family - it's mid thigh. Anyways, I'm helping Jason carry out all the beach lovin' and totally forget and bend over to put it in the car. Luckily, I don't believe anyone saw ...
Anyways, at the Spring Fling, I bid on Mamu's class project and won! It totally goes with my tote bag obsession and collection!
Now, I'm prepping for Bebe's tea party on Saturday, and I'll tell you all about it when it's over with (and Auntie and I've recovered).

No comments:
Post a Comment