So Mamu is becoming very independent in the bathroom area. He pretty much takes care of everything himself (which is fabulous when he gets up at 5:30 and does his bathroom routine--he's like a little old man!). So, when he has to go potty, he announces it, runs, and takes care of business.
It was one of these usual occurances (which typically happen around 5:57 pm) every day that Mamu comes running to me and says "My bottom has an owie."
Which typically means he needs help to wipe. (Sorry to gross you out -- but it's my life. It's every mom's life.)
I asked him if he needed help wiping and he said that he didn't. Then he pointed to a part of his leg and said "I have an owie. I need a bandaid." There's a little mark there, no blood, so I ask him what happened. He takes me to the linen closet (which has bifold doors) and pointed to the doorknob. The doorknob that is pretty much at the top of his head.
Mamu: "This hurt me."
Me: "Honey, I don't think your bottom got hurt by the doorknob. It's too high."
Mamu: "Yes mom, it did. See?"
He then proceeds to try and hike his bottom up to the doorknob to show me that, by accident, it bumped him.
He's fine. Since I didn't document this moment in history on film (or digital media or whatever it's called now) here's a shot from Easter this past weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment