Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Auntie's Visit

So, we just finished a fabulous Auntie visit! She usually comes up in the summer for a week around the 4th of July, but we had some scheduling issues, so she came up earlier. We always have such a great time with her and it always feels like I am on vacation when she's here! There were lots of nights of sipping wine while sitting on the patio, rearranging furniture, going on fun adventures, and our now annual trip to the water park. So here's a quick recap of our week:


Sunday: Auntie arrives (along with us - back from family reunion) and we go to a birthday party for one of Bebe's friends. We had a great (easy) meal of pizza on the back porch and just enjoyed being outside. It's been in the high 90s / 100s, but in our backyard in the shade and breeze in the evening, it's been tolerable.


That's me enjoying my new birthday present from MG and Grandaddy!







Monday: The great playroom attack happened that evening. We went on the search of the perfect computer desk, ate lunch at Wendy's (with about half the Marcus HS band from band camp) and had some Auntie Airplane Adventures. While on the hunt for the perfect computer desk, we hit some thrift stores. We ended up with a fabulous dress up dress for Bebe and she ended up doing yoga in it.





Tuesday: Mamu went to school (he goes on Tues/Thurs in the summer) and we girls went to Kroger! We also took the old computer desk to CCA -which was an adventure in itself - thank goodness for Auntie's iphone and Google Find Us (this is now the second time I've been saved by Google- remember the 3 hour tour?) Bebe and I had dentist appointments in the afternoon and then we got Mamu from school. Nothing too exciting for dinner (aka: I don't remember what I made) and then Auntie and I went to one of our favorite places: Half Price Books! I got some books for me, Mamu, and Bebe; Jas didn't have any requests. We stopped by Sonic for some treats (buy one get one shakes! yum!) Then we came home and hit the hay.


Wednesday: Our annual trip to the local water park! We went last year and had a blast! It's great to go with Auntie because she'll go down all of the slides with Bebe (and I have issues with some of them...) and that way both kids can play and not have to keep waiting on each other. This water park is small compared to many, but it's perfect for us. We take our picnic lunch in and have a great day! There are about 4 or 5 slides, an indoor pool, a lazy river and a kid's area (which is super cold ALLthe time!) Poor Mamu was shivering and saying BRRR when he got out. We were there about 5 hours and then came home. I made quesadillas for dinner and got the kids into bed - they were pretty tired! I didn't take any pictures; I haven't figured out a good way to do it without a waterproof camera.


Thursday: Mamu went to see his friends at school again and we went on a girl's surprise trip. After a stop at Target (don't all good girl trips start at Target?) we went to a pottery painting store. With Bebe's interest in art, I thought she would love painting on some pottery - and she did! We spent a couple of hours there and then went to lunch at Which Wich (yum!). Then we embarked on the "find Mommy a new swimsuit that doesn't make her look like a beached whale OR a hussy" adventure. It was surprisingly not very painful (well, actually, I don't reccommend trying on swimsuits when you have a sunburn on your back) and pretty quick. We had stopped by the library to get Bebe the next book in the series she's reading (Magic Treehouse books) and to turn in her reading log. She read the ENTIRE book while we were at Kohls. Anyway, Auntie helped me pick out a swimsuit and cover up that look pretty nice and we headed home. We were invited to my friend Kim's house for a summer pool party. So we got our suits on, picked up Mamu, and headed over to her house. We had a blast and swam to our hearts content!





Friday: Auntie had a meeting, so we were on our own for the morning. Jas had mentioned earlier in the week that we still hadn't gotten the kid's spring pictures done. We usually get their pictures done around their birthdays and we just let it get away from us this year. So, I made an appointment for Friday morning. This was the first time I've taken them in by myself. I went prepared for a multitude of different situations, but didn't even have to bust out the goldfish until the very end! It went so well! Then we headed over to Barnes and Nobles for some books - got Mamu Three Billy Goats Gruff (his new favorite) and Bebe some more Magic Treehouse books. Then we just chilled at the house for the afternoon and played. We ended the evening with watching my old dance recitals - that was good for some laughs!


Saturday: It was Jas' birthday! We went swimming, grilled, and just enjoyed each other's company. Stephanie and her kids came over for dinner and games. The kids were very impressed with all the candles on the cake. Yes. The number of candles is correct. :)












So that was our fabulous week! I'm sure I left out something, but I think I've got most of it! Hopefully we'll get to spend more time with Auntie soon!


No comments: