Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

... at the Ole Ball Game!

On Memorial Day, we went to the Ft. Worth Cats Game (minor league). My Dad (Grandaddy), Mom (MG), sister, brother in law, and KK went to see them play. It was hotter than blazes, but once we were in the shade, there was a breeze and quite enjoyable. Grandaddy had sprung for us to sit at the tables and that's the way to go! The kids can wander around, we can move without disturbing anyone, and we had a place to set our things (besides the floor).

We moved the tables to the shade. Another plus of the tables!

(Grandaddy and KK in her cool dudette sunglasses)

Bebe, Mamu, and Jason watching the game

Bebe got ahold of the camera - she does want to be a photographer - and got the elusive Uncle Mark. Smiling even.

I'm pretty sure I embarrassed Didi a smidge - but what are older sisters for? I did happen to dance to the songs they played for the various hitters and maybe, just maybe, had KK dance with me... I am a good sister too because I have some very unflattering pictures that I have promised not to put up.

Bebe had a great time - especially with a snowcone and new Dodger doll. Speaking of snowcones - it's been YEARS since I've had one. There's not really a good place around here to go (we're apparently too good for that) and I just don't think about it that often. Unless it's the dead of winter... So I gave into temptation once I saw Didi with her cherry one and boy was it good! Mamu was not a fan (weird child). KK liked the ice and was a great girl all the way through (even with the cranky crying old lady bit).

MG and Bebe keepin' cool



Mamu and his first baseball



The kids loved the mascot, Dodger. Bless Dodger's heart - you know he/she was super hot in that outfit and they gave it their all! Dodger would be on his/her way to the cool of the backroom and would stop to talk and high five and take pictures with any kid that asked. He also signed both of the baseballs that the kids had. Mamu got one from the baseball player during warm ups and Bebe got one when Grandaddy got a foul ball. It was headed to our table and landed between both kids! (I was holding KK singing made up songs trying to get her to sleep over by the bathrooms when this happened. I'm pretty sure one of the songs was "You look like a cranky old lady, but I love you anyway")


Dodger the best mascot ever!


Sadly, the Cats lost. Happily, we stayed through the end (we really thought they would bring it around) and they always let the kids run the bases after the game. Any kid under 14. Good thing KK woke up because Mark really wanted to run the bases! :) Jason ran with Mamu and Bebe ran on her own. Bebe ran so fast that I kept having to ask Didi where she was!


Bebe's the little speck right in the middle!

Mamu's in the blue shirt running too!

We all had a great time and it was so fun! I love going to the minor league games - the players are really there for the love of the game and the fans are there to watch. There are silly games, running of the bases, and the best mascot ever!

No comments: