Well, Auntie (aka - My Partner in Crime; or Lucy) is here for her annual visit and we always do something big -house wise. Like when we first moved into this house 3 years ago, buying a game table (got it at CCA for I think $40), hauling it into the van and into the house. Or last year, when we became the crafty girls and sewed, sewed, sewed. Well, this year, it was attack the playroom!
I've been battling the playroom for quite some time now, and between rearranging it, cleaning it, and trying out different arrangements again, I finally accepted the fact that we needed a new computer desk. We have had the old one for 9 years, and it was big and a great big collector of junk. Now that we have a flat screen monitor and other things, we don't need that big of a desk. So, Auntie, the kids, and I loaded up into good ol' Bessie (my van) and headed to CCA. Big score again like last time, right? Nope. So then we wandered around a couple of thrift stores (and found out our Goodwill doesn't do furniture) and ended up with one we needed to assemble from Walmart. No problem. We're strong, independent women and can do it ourselves. We only asked Jason for help once. Just once. Then we got the drill (and Bebe kept reminding us that the instructions said "No drill" -- we just explained that we wouldn't do the drill super fast and it would be ok.) and took care of business.
Let me tell you the amount of JUNK that I cleaned out from the old computer desk! Oh My Goodness! But, it had to be done.
So my playroom went from looking like this:
To looking like this:
I couldn't have done it without Auntie or Bebe. It took us only about 6 hours and that is stopping for Mamu's potty emergencies, dinner, and storytime for bed. That's pretty good, if I do say so myself.
And since I am saying so myself, I think it turned out pretty good!
(I can't believe I posted pictures of my messy, messy playroom, but I'm human. All the debris is from me not being able to get into the playroom to clean since I've been so tired with the end of school, it just got put on the back burner.)
No comments:
Post a Comment