Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I'm Helpless

So, I used Didi's camera to take pictures on day 3, and she's got them in the mail to me, so while we wait patiently for the USPS I thought I'd share a conversation we had on the way home from dropping off MG.

Bebe: Mom? What did you do back then?
Me: HUH? When?
Bebe: Before I was borned. What did you do?
Me: Ummm.
I honestly couldn't really remember that far back, so I winged it.
Me: Well, your dad and I worked and lived in an apartment.
Bebe: What else?
Me: Well, your dad worked at night (from 3 -midnight) and I worked early in the morning (6 am -3), so we didn't see each other very much during that summer. Then, when I started teaching, we would just watch tv or play games at night.
Bebe: Well, I think you were helpless.
Me: What? Why?
Bebe: Because you didn't have me to help you out. You had to do a lot of things without my help.
Me: You're right. I do appreciate your help.
:)

I'm not sure what spurred this conversation - all I know is that she was quite tired and when she's tired, she talks. I mean talks the whole 45 minute drive home from MG and Grandaddy's. Non-stop.

No comments: