Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Our Grandparent Adventure, Part 1

So, I promised that I would get back to you about our big adventure at Grandma's and Grandpa's house. So here we go! (BTW, since we were there for 8 days, it's gonna take a coupla posts)

Bebe went up a week ahead of time (the first time away from home for that long!) and had a lot of fun. She went to the spray/splash park a lot, learned how to play Skip Bo, and it's rumored she had donuts for breakfast and waffles for dinner (yum!). There are a couple of pictures, but they're not on this computer right now (and I'm too lazy to go get them and put them on here right now) so I'll add those later.

We arrived late Friday night (read - got to their house around 11 pm). Mamu really enjoyed his flight "up in the air" and didn't sleep a wink. Even after we had our layover in Kansas City and changed him into his pajamas, gave him Ooh Ooh and his blanket. It was just too exciting!




Saturday morning we had a fundraiser poker rally in honor of my sister in law, Sam. She passed away when she was 17 and the proceeds from this fundraiser go to help a Child's Advocacy Center, since she wanted to be a counselor and help children. Mamu was thrilled to see all the 'motorcycle mans' (there were ladies there as well, but when it comes to motorcycles, it's all motorcycle mans) and Bebe was excited to get to go on the rally with Dad and Great Grandma. After the rally was over, it was time for door prizes! Mamu got to pull the tickets this year and Bebe got to help.





Saturday afternoon, we went over to Aunt Jen's and Uncle Brian's house to celebrate my nephew's 1st birthday! The kids really enjoyed playing in his playroom and having good visiting time with the family and friends.



Sunday we all recovered from a busy day and had a lot of fun running around in their backyard and playing on the deck.




Monday, we went to the water park, and I don't have a waterproof camera, so just think about fabulous fun times with water slides, lazy rivers, and a great kid's zone! I did happen to take one right before we left!

We had such a fun start to the week and I'll try to post again tomorrow the rest of the trip!

No comments: