The last official "sleep-in" week for me. AKA the last week of summer vacation for me (and Bebe because she has to go to Mamu's school for a week while I'm in inservice).
It's also the last week that...
- that we get to go visit Jason at work for lunch.
- we get to go to the library on a Wednesday.
- I can stay up past my bedtime and not regret it (too much) in the morning.
- that my alarm clock doesn't wake me up - Mamu does.
- I get to watch The West Wing at 7 am in the morning (and the 8 am episode if I'm lucky).
- that I get to eat lunch at noon; not 10:25 am (yes, that's when lunch is for us -we're ravenous by 2 and eat snack with the kids).
- we get to go to the pool during the week.
- I get to take a nap during rest time.
- I get to spend tons of time with my kiddos.
- I get to read the paper at a snail's pace, rather than skimming it.
BUT it's also the last week that...
- I don't have 20(+) kids to love on and teach.
- I don't get to sing the color songs, Good Morning songs, and letter character songs.
- I don't get to watch the said kids learn to write, read, and count to 100.
- I don't get to help said kids make cute little creations that go home and get saved forever.
- I don't get to dry said kids' tears when they are scared on the first day (or eleventh) day of school.
- I don't get to hear about all of the wonderful things Bebe is learning and experiencing in 2nd grade.
- I don't get to hear Mamu singing new songs.
- I don't get to listen to all of said kids say the cutest things!
- I don't take my time for granted with my own kids.
Cheers to you my teacher friends. We've got one week left to live it up (except a couple of you newbies who are about to be inundated with 2 weeks of crazy inservice). Do it right!
(Also, it's the last week that I get to say that Auntie will be here in 3 weeks. To STAY! It'll be down to two!)
And what good is a post without a picture? No good, that's what!
No comments:
Post a Comment