Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, August 13, 2010

The Long Lost Days from Ft. Polk

So, if you remember (or if you don't) we went to visit Aunt Didi, Uncle Mark, and KK in July at their new house. And if you also remember, I said that I would be able to tell you more about Day 3 when I got the pictures from Aunt Didi, since we had used her camera for some of them. Well, fast forward to me getting the photos like, oh, maybe 2 weeks ago, but yet forgetting to post them. So, to end the anticipation... here you go!



We went swimming at their big pool and had a splashin' good time. Even after the lifeguards told us that no toys were allowed. Really? The squirty alligator or the dive rings are a problem? But we do pick our battles, so into the bag they went. After that, it was good times splashing each other, watching Bebe swim (a lot!) and Mamu pretending he was a frog. He would hop in and out of the pool saying "Ribbit! Ribbit!" It was pretty cute.





The happy family! Isn't KK cute in her sunglasses?




Sorry Didi, I couldn't resist Mamu's face in this one.








Then, we went bowling. It was a good time and wasn't super crowded, so that was good. I'm pretty sure that Mamu won one of the games. It's probably because he got to use the bumpers and I didn't...

Mamu, Aunt Didi, KK, & Bebe



Mamu getting to use the cool slide thingy.

(AND I had to convince him it wasn't a real slide)


Our stylish shoes!

(OK...KK's are the only stylish ones there)


Me and my Mamu


Aunt Didi and Bebe



Da' Guys (as Mamu would say)


Of course, that night after we went to bed, we busted out the Banski's again. Only this time we were short a band member. Uncle Mark had to go back to work the next day, so he didn't stay up super late with us since he had PT at some awful hour in the morning. The next day we went to the park (in the heat and humidity) to wear out Bebe and Mamu so they wouldn't get too antsy for the forever long trip home.


We drove home in about 6 hours with only a minimum of stops, but bunches of traffic when we got closer to the city. The great thing was that Grandaddy was making us dinner and had it ready as we walked in the door! The even better thing was that Jason showed up to meet us at MG and Grandaddy's house and ate dinner with us! Then I found out that I was helpless on the drive home.


It was a great trip and I'm looking forward to them coming to see us in less than a month!

No comments: