So, these past two weeks have been SUPER busy! Let's catch up, shall we?









Since I posted last, I've made 2 Halloween costumes, cooked countless dinners (ok, we really could count, but why?), made approximately 24,104.5 trips to Walmart / JoAnns / Hancocks / Hobby Lobby, trick or treated - twice, helped build a mobile drive-in, put several band-aids on owies, cleaned, cleaned, and did laundry, watched the Rangers become the American League Champions, flew around the front yard as Wonder Woman, took a dinner to a family with a new baby, and much more.
Here's the part you probably care about:
This year, Bebe and Mamu decided to be Jessie and Woody from Toy Story. Bebe decided first and then Mamu decided about a week later. I grew up with my mom always making my costumes and I've continued the tradition (as well as my sister, Aunt Didi - she made her whole family the Flintstones!). I had the kids wear their own jeans, bought shirts at the kids' resale store, and found different parts of the costumes at various places. I studied the books, web images, and DVD box to make sure to replicate them as close as possible. I stitched red plaid lines on Mamu's shirt, I added the yellow & red trim to Bebe's costume, made the arm cuffs for Bebe, made her chaps, made Mamu's vest, made belt buckles for them both, added the trim to both of their hats, and I think that's all.
Here's our results:
If I do say so myself, they look pretty darn cute!
We went Trunk or Treating at our church. This year was the first year we have had a trunk there. My dad (Grandaddy) came up with a great idea! They used MG's VW Convertible Beetle, a projector, a laptop, a generator, and some butcher paper to make a drive-in! We brought the different characters and they 'watched' the movie on the windshield. It was very cool! Most people couldn't believe that we did it! AND to top it off, MG & Grandaddy dressed up as Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head. They were fabulous! The kids had a great time and enjoyed watching the movie in the car after they were done with trunk or treating.
We had a great surprise this past weekend! Grandpa drove his Harley down to visit for a couple of days. He wanted to see Jason in his newest show (where he has a solo!) and we got Grandpa for Halloween! We watched the Huskers win against Mizzou ( :) ), he went to Trunk or Treat with us and brave the hayless hay ride, and got to visit with family friends that live close by. Grandpa also got to go trick or treating with Bebe and Mamu!

Auntie and I dressed up for our jobs as candy hander outers - she was a witch and I was Wonder Woman!
Auntie and I dressed up for our jobs as candy hander outers - she was a witch and I was Wonder Woman!
I also helped Bebe get her Reflections entry ready (it's an art contest through the school). That's it's own post in and of itself.
Phew! October flew by! November's not slowing down much either!
No comments:
Post a Comment