Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, November 15, 2010

Goin' on a shoe hunt!

So, when I first started this blog, I wrote about the 2nd Pew to the Left and my memories of going to church with my Murmur (Grandma). I wrote about how she used to write on the bulletins and we would have grand conversations during the sermon. Well, Bebe and I have kept this tradition alive - she just instigates it instead of me.

**Here's what happened Saturday night and Sunday morning: On Saturday night, I had asked her what dress she wanted to wear to church. She said she didn't remember. I told her to make sure she knew where the shoes wear that matched whatever dress she picked. She didn't. Sunday morning, she couldn't find her shoes and had to wear ones that didn't match. Add this to the fact she couldn't find shoes to wear to dance on Wednesday, and I declared a shoe hunt.

Here was Sunday's bulletin:










If you can't read it, it says:

Mom, can I get a cooke (cookie) and a little cart at Kroger?

If they have a little cart, you may have it. If you have a good attitude, you can have a cookie.

OK. What are we doing after?

After Kroger? We will eat lunch, go on a shoe hunt and have quiet rest time. If you have a good attitude, you can go on Buildabearville.

But I do not whant (want) to go on a shoe hunt!

I am sorry you do not want to go on a shoe hunt.

But what if I do not do it what will hapen?

What do you think will happen?

I do not now (know)!

You will not get to go on Buildabear. You also will not have shoes to wear.

:(

It is your choice.


Yes, she did go on a shoe hunt and now knows where most of her shoes are. Yes, she did go on buildabearville. No, she didn't get a cookie at Kroger only because we had just come from Wendy's and she had part of a frosty.

No comments: