Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, January 31, 2011

Crafty Cuteness

So this past weekend was a beautiful weekend with temperatures in the low 70's / high 60's -- beautiful baseball playing weather!
Bebe and Mamu also went and got the mail for me -- they do this almost every day. :)

I also had a vision - if you will - of a new memo board. If you remember that Mensa's going to be calling any day now, here's why:
--I decided I would start a J collection. I already had the one on the right side, but got the other two on sale half off at Hobby Lobby.
--Here's my new memo board! I totally couldn't have done it without Jason and Auntie. It was a living, breathing being. Totally not the idea I started with, but once I got to Hobby Lobby and found the twoile (totally didn't spell that right) ribbon it came together. Jason gets props for the placement of the J's.
--Here's the memo board with the other accents on that wall in my kitchen. I love it!
--And it didn't take long to add my photos to it. (Jason really likes this memo board because I love the J's so much, that I won't add as many photos to it so they won't get covered up.)

We also had a bit of fun this past week playing dress up (he's Dad) and helping Mom with the dishes.


Mamu also got in a bit of driving practice this weekend. (It's how I get him to behave in the store - if you're good, you can drive the van!)



And here's your laughs for the day:
1st laugh of the day: This past weekend Mamu was talking about how much he LOVES to be "nekie" (aka - naked). He made up a little nekie song and everything! It goes something like "I love nekie! I be nekie all day long! I no wear pants."
I said "You have to wear pants."
Mamu: "I be nekie!"
Me: "You don't live in a compound. You have to wear pants."
(Sidebar- Jason informed me when I was retelling this story to Auntie that I should have said commune. Oh well. Ding. Dong. Mensa's here!)
2nd laugh of the day:
As we were driving to get Mamu from school today, Bebe asked "What's that song? I know that song."
Me: "What song?"
Bebe: "The one on the radio."
**Now if you've ever ridden with me, you would know that when ANYONE else is in the car (ie-not just me) you can't hear the music. I keep it very low so I can hear people talking to me - so it's pretty impossible she's hearing the radio -- especially with her hearing problems. Now back to the regularly scheduled programming.**
Bebe: "Oh. Wait. The song's in my head. I think I heard it in Music today."
You're welcome.

No comments: