So, Jason and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary on November 11. We went away for the weekend to Gainesville, TX and to Thackerville, OK. Here's our trip:
Bebe made us this sweet card:
Auntie was fabulous and came to stay with the kids for the weekend. I left her a detailed family binder to give her more information than she could possibly need. I also left little treat bags for the kids to open each day that we were gone. Auntie even picked them up from school for us, so we could leave in the early afternoon.
We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express (it's one of my favorite hotels for several reasons; free hot breakfast being one) and had a pretty good room. I loved the fact that a very nice lady came and made the bed for me each day.
We arrived there Friday afternoon and had dinner right off the Gainesville Square at Los Mariachis.
It was about half full when we went and when we left it was full. We overheard the couple behind us state "This place is jumpin' tonight!" Wow. We're in a small town. The food was good and I even had a sopapilla for dessert. I have a picture of it, but blogger is being weird about my photos.
On Saturday, we enjoyed our free, hot breakfast and then went to the outlet mall. We found a couple of fun things to give for Christmas gifts at a few stores. I also found a really cute onesie for my soon to be born nephew - Optimus Prime!
After the outlet mall, we went to eat lunch at The Fried Pie Company. The pie was gooooood. I had chocolate and Jason had apple. We even discussed getting some to go, but didn't.
We decided to walk around the square and work off some of the food we just ate and ended up at an Antique store. It was fun to walk around and look at fun things. I found a Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy to give to the kids.
Then we got ready to go see Ron White at Winstar casino in OK. He was pretty darn funny. There's my sideways shot of the sign; blogger won't let me turn it. I even got to show my skills I've learned at Black Friday parking. The parking lot was f.u.l.l. and it looked like we were going to have to park offsite and shuttle in ... until we saw a car backing out. We had already passed it, so I jumped out of the car and went to stand in the spot. I'm pretty sure Jason was a tad shocked at my parking spot saving skills. :) It's a gift people.
Sunday, we enjoyed another free, hot breakfast and then checked out to come home. We were met by a very excited Mamu, Bebe, and a thrilled Duncan! He did not handle the separation well. Poor guy.
Jason bought me a Scentsy Autism Speaks Warmer and a beautiful saphire necklace and earring set for our anniversary. We had a great time and here's to another 10+ years!
No comments:
Post a Comment