We started the break with a phone call from Mamu's pre-school. Ms. V doesn't call unless it's bad. She's the super sweet woman, with a great German accent and she starts off the phone call with "Hi, Mrs. J. Um, Mamu fell and hit his head. I know I call you with this about once a week, but this time he might need stiches." I grabbed my purse, grabbed Bebe and was out the door. I got to him and Ms. V was holding an icepack to his eyebrow. It didn't look good. Luckily, it didn't need stitches. I had to bribe him with grapes and cheese cubes to let a bandaid go on it.
I spent all of Saturday cleaning out the garage. Bebe was a super great help and we got it done in one day! We filled up both the garbage and recycle bins plus two boxes with trash. We filled up the back of the van with things to donate to Goodwill.
On Sunday and Monday, Bebe cleaned her room. We finally discovered that if she takes a 'before' and 'after' picture, she does a great job. I helped Mamu clean his room and got a ton of laundry done.
Tuesday, we went on a ton of errands. We dropped things off at Goodwill, went to Dollar Tree, Old Navy, Hobby Lobby, and Walmart. Mamu also fell on the coffee table and scraped his neck.
Wednesday we went to the library and got some new books. I also (with the help of my fabulous Dad and Jason) fixed the garbage disposal. Auntie came over that afternoon and we all went to the park. Jason rode his bike and Bebe rode her scooter. Mamu hasn't quite mastered his tricycle, but he tried... He got about 3 houses away from ours and was done. Auntie was sweet and carried it to the park for him. He kept his helmet on (and with as accident prone as he is lately, I didn't mind). He wore that helmet all the way to the park, all the way home, and up until dinner. :) It gave me some peace of mind. I'm contemplating bubble wrap.
Thursday we went to MG and Grandaddy's for Thanksgiving lunch. Bebe decided that she wanted to dress up like a pilgrim! She had an apron and everything. My Aunt Taffy and her family came over for lunch (and a pre-lunch show - Duncan chased Jerry cat through the dining room. It was pretty much like a movie) and our traditional after lunch game time. We had a great time introducing Aunt Taffy to Angry Birds. We also had some great games of Apples to Apples. After games, we helped MG and Grandaddy do some trimming on the shrubs and put the rest of the lights up. They had put the ones on the house and saved the shrub lights for the kids. Around dinner, MG and I were still stuffed from lunch, so we took Duncan for his walk. We found a house in their neighborhood that has their lights timed to music and they broadcast it on a radio frequency. It was pretty cool! Then we went home and planned our Black Friday attack. (that's a whole 'nother post)
No comments:
Post a Comment