Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Three Hour Tour

So, this weekend, my sister (Didi), my brother in law (Mark), and my niece (KK) - and their dog, Lightning, came up to visit. We swapped babysitting - they watched Mamu while I took Bebe to her dress rehearsal, and I watched KK so they could have a date together.


On Saturday, I was feeling the urge to go for a walk and since Lightning is the best dog ever, I thought I'd walk him. Didi and KK came along (well, KK, came in the stroller and slept most of the time) and we set out. We walked through a trail that I've not ever been through all the way - mistake numero uno. I thought I'd directed us on the correct path, alas, not so much.

It was pretty warm and muggy, but we kept in the shade and there was a breeze, so we didn't mind -- too much. Then we got lost. I mean really lost. Like, I recognized street names and thought "Really? We went that far?"

Luckily, since Didi has an iphone AND the google app, we found ourselves and plotted a direct path home. Our 1/2 hour walk turned into the hour and a half walk. On the plus side, we didn't feel guilty about anything we ate all day. And all the next day.

We did have some great conversations and some great sister time. I'm just not so sure that she's going to come with me next time I want to walk Lightning. Now that I think about it, Lightning might not be too excited about the crazy aunt walk either...

(Lightning - The bestest dog ever!)


--We didn't take pictures of us lost - we were pretty stinky and super duper sweaty. Here's one of us after we got prettied up and after dance recital:


(And there's MG - she's super thankful that she didn't go on the three hour tour!)

No comments: