Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Keep It Down!

So, when you hear the phrase "Keep it down!" you think of an old lady yelling at the rowdy teenagers on the corner. Or maybe you think of the kids playing their music too loud and their mom yelling at them. Well, not in our house.

Keep it down is said to Mamu. When he's on the potty. [You see, he sits. Yes, I have my reasons and we won't go into it. He sits. Accept it. He'll learn to stand later. Move on. ](rant finished, we can move on to the topic now)

So, as I was saying, I tell Mamu to keep it down. Point it in the potty. And usually, he's just great about it and takes care of business. Except these past couple of days. He now takes great pride and delight in seeing how far he can go! I know, I know; it's a boy thing. That I'll never understand. So, now he's tee-teeing in the potty, but he comes home in different clothes than he went to school in because he's tee-teeing on them.

Except yesterday.

I went to pick him up and he was in the bathroom. I go over to say hi and automatically I say "Keep it down!"- (don't get me wrong, there is no yelling or anything - just normal talking) Well, guess what. He arcs his tee-tee ACROSS the bathroom and it lands on his teacher's shoe. And he's completly D.R.Y.

So now his mantra is "No tee-tee (insert character underwear here) Lightning Queen. No tee-tee Alex (his teacher)."

Now I really have to step up the gifts next week for Teacher Appreciation Week. I'm thinking shoe covers for each teacher and possibly a shield. Maybe some protective goggles and a hazmat suit.


(I did laugh when it happened. I then told her that I only laugh because it's happened to me. Not from Mamu. When I taught in Special Ed in a highly needy classroom. I swear I spent more time in that bathroom than in the classrom.)

No comments: