Well?
This is the question that Bebe asks me every day - she just started this last week. She uses it as a filler when she wants to talk with you, but doesn't know what to say. Then she asks "What was the best part?" "What was the worst part?" "What was good about your day?"
This conversation came up when we were stuck in traffic on our way home from dance class.
Here it goes:
Bebe: "So, Mom, how was your day?"
Me: "Good"
Bebe: "What was the worst part of your day?"
Me: "Specials before lunch because of TAKS testing."
(Now you friends who's lives don't revolve around TAKS testing - it is our state mandated assessment of our 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders and it is MAJOR! I mean major! Pass/Fail - everything. We have to creep down the hall like mice - not easy with Kinders - and switch our specials --fine arts-- time from 2:00 to 9:40 am. Makes for a L.O.N.G. day.)
Bebe: "My worst part was that too." (Hers was at 8:45 this morning. She usually goes at 1:00)
Bebe: "What was your best?"
Me: "Being with you guys"
Bebe: "My best part was playing with my friends at school. Oh, and being with you."
Mamu: "All done van!" "All! DONE! VANNNNNNNN!"
Bebe: "What was good about your day?"
Me: "The fact I got a great sale on the outdoor fabric to recover the swing cushions."
Bebe: "Mine is that too." (that's my girl!)
So, that's how our little convos go everyday. I am so glad that she asks me these things and I hope that I can always look at things optimistically. Hence, why this is one of my ring tones.
If you haven't seen Monty Python's Spamalot - find it and go see it at a theater near you. It's pretty funny.
Remember to Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment