Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Weeds Beware!

So today was a fabulously beautiful day. The weather was perfect and the yard was not. The shrubs have been loving the wonderful weather and rain that we've had and they just spurted up! So, since I'm the one in our family that prunes the shrubs, I busted out the hedge trimmers and got to work. Then Mamu woke up from his nap and was delighted to see me outside and he came out to help me pick up the debris. Well, if Mamu's coming outside, then Bebe's usually right behind, so they got the rakes and we raked up the trimmings. Well, Bebe and I raked while Mamu said "All done raking" a lot.
While we were picking up the clippings, I started pulling up the weeds that seem to think our yard is their new home (not for long suckers!) and Bebe asked me what I was doing. So, I explained all about pulling up weeds (she's been wondering about them a lot) and she started pulling them up too. She LOVED it! She was so excited when she pulled up big ones that she ran around the yard pulling up all the ones she could find. It was pretty awesome.
After dinner, I mowed the yard since hubster was worn out from working today. I don't mind mowing the yard when it's nice out, but when it comes August, I'll not be super thrilled about getting out there. Hubster spread the weed n feed tonight, so hasta la vista weeds! If that doesn't kill 'em, Bebe will be our enforcer!
Oh and we hung a bird feeder today. Bebe made one at Build and Grow at Lowe's yesterday and so we put it in the front yard today. She's very excited about making sure the birds have food. I might move it to the back yard so we can see it better, but we'll see. That was one of my favorite things to watch at our first house that we bought. I would look out the french doors of our (very small) dining room and be able to see the birds. Man. We had a TON of birds there. Murmur (my grandmother) used to watch birds out of her dining room window all the time. At one point, my Uncle Dee put out an automatic feeder that was hooked up like a deer feeder. She had birds all the time. Even when she had to move to assisted living, there was a bird feeder out of her window. Now I guess we're carrying on the tradition.
Hope you have a great week!

No comments: