So, I mentioned awhile back that MG and I always go black Friday shopping. Usually we sleep for a few hours, wake up at around 2:30 and are in line at 3 or so (depending on what store we want to go to first and when they open). We make lists, print out store maps, divide and conquer - everything except coordinating outfits (we have standards you know; unlike the people we saw pushing grandma in her wheelchair with a laundry basket zip tied to the back of the wheelchair in their matching pajama pants and shirts).
Well, this year, we didn't go to bed.
We were at Walgreens at midnight and met some VERY drunk people. Very drunk. I mean, we almost got drunk off their fumes!
Then we went home for awhile and then left to go to Target at 3 am.
We didn't wait in the 32 degree line.
We waited in the nice, warm Suburban until they opened at 4. Then we still waited in the nice, warm Suburban, until the line was almost through the doors. That took 10 minutes (wow).
Then we went to JCPenneys (not super impressed with their checkout speed), Office Max, Kohls, PetSmart, Lifeway, Half-Price Books and I might have missed another store.
We did stop at some point at a Whataburger and get MG a coffee and me some OJ - and met a very disgruntled Whataburger person. Apparently, she was either upset she wasn't out partaking in the shopping goodness or she's just bitter. She didn't dampen our spirit though!
Here's a picture of the line at Target at 12:30 (we drove by after Walgreens to scout out how crazy it was going to be).

There was a sign on one of the tents, but it was too cold for me to get out and go read it.
I also thought that I might be attacked since if I did go look at the sign, it would look like I was trying to cut in line.
You don't mess with the people in tents.
You just don't.
We're looking forward to next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment