Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Year in Review...

So, a few weeks ago, this facebook thing came up to do "Your Year in Statuses" and of course I jumped on that bandwagon and got to remembering about this year. Then when I was done reminiscing (and deciding that I probably share way too much on Facebook -- but probably won't stop anytime soon) I thought that I should share my year here. So sit back, relax, and prepare to be bombarded with our year!

January:

My laptop died. It was a sad, sad time. I had to do everything on a 'big' computer for 3 weeks. It stunk. I also lost some pictures that I hadn't backed up on the other computer at our house. That may account for the reason that I now have only 28 pictures left on my CF card in my camera (it holds about 5,000). We had our usual January cold, but no snow or ice or anything like that. I also have no pictures from January either. Sigh.


February:
We had snow. Not the ice stuff we Texans like to call snow because we just wish for it, but real, flakey snow! Enough to cancel school for two days and make us go an extra day in June. We built snowmen, walked in the snow, and drank hot chocolate (well, Bebe and I did; Mamu just had a marshmallow). We also had the usual Valentine's day fun at both schools and enjoyed each other's little Cars and Tinkerbell valentines.

March:
Mamu turned 2! Wow, that little man is growing up fast. We had a party at the house that was just family (and Aunt Didi skyped in) with Ernie and presents. His most favorite present was the train that Jason and I got him (on sale right after Christmas) and his sock monkey. He had an Ernie cake and loved his Ernie shirt that I made him. We also had Easter! We went to our church's annual Easter egg hunt and sported cutesy new shirts I made each of them. Squeezed into March as well was Spring Break! My craftiness blossomed (wow, I even amazed myself with that- spring break; blossomed?! Wow.) and I went on a 4 day craft binge making everything under the sun and more. I think my sewing machine appreciated when I went back to work just so it would get a break!


April:
Bebe turned 7! I can't believe it's been this long (I know everybody says that) since she was just 'borned' (as she would say). She's turned into quite a little girl, but I still see glimpses of her when she was younger (in a good way; not the crying, screaming part). She had her party at Build a Bear and loved it. She also sported a cutesy new birthday outfit I made her and I taught her that the bigger the bow, the better. :) I also started this blog, so if you need to, go back to the archives and see what else was on my mind then...

May:
Bebe had her 3rd recital and got to tap this time! She was super cute and did a great job! We celebrated Mother's Day with MG AND Aunt Didi (and KK too). Aunt Didi flew in on Mother's Day and we had a luau - complete with an overcast 65 degree day. We hulaed anyway until the rain started. We also spent a lot of time with Aunt Didi, KK, and Uncle Mark while they were here. (I also took Aunt Didi on a 3 hour tour too...)

June:
We FINALLY got out of school! It's horrible going two weeks into June. The kids are done. We're done. It's not a good combo. We also went to the Harris family reunion in East Texas for the first time in I don't know how many years. We went to see Grandma and Grandpa up in Illinois and Bebe flew out (with Grandma) before we arrived! She spent a few days up there by herself and got some great grandparent time in before we got there. Auntie came up for a visit and we (of course) had a great time! June was busy, busy, busy! I had a birthday and Jason had one too! (Aunt Didi did as well if you want to keep track!)
July:
We enjoyed our Fourth of July fireworks, as well as a barbecue at our house. We made it through the heat of the summer mostly by going swimming and playing in the water in the backyard. Bebe went to Craftcamp and made keychains and popup cards. We (MG, Bebe, Mamu, and myself) drove down to see Aunt Didi's, Uncle Mark's, and KK's new house. We also stopped at the East Texas Oil Museum and learned (and remembered for us old folks) about the oil boom.

August:
Well, I had to actually go earn my paycheck (you know - it'd be great if I could get paid to stay at home!), so back to teaching I went! Bebe started 2nd grade and Mamu went to the Early Preschool class. Bebe loves her teacher and Mamu loves his too! Mamu got to start going to Build and Grow (which he calls Hammer, Hammer) and built his first project - a school bus! Bebe continued going as well. She won't let me call it Build and Squish. (I always say I'm going to squish them and not let them grow-- so they'll stay little; not like squishing a bug!) Bebe put on shows (which she does all the time) and actually started having a order to her show--complete with costume changes and everything! Auntie moved here and we were super excited! (We still are super excited she's here!)

September:
We celebrated Grandaddy's and KK's birthday (which are on the same day), along with MG's birthday (which is not on the same day). A guy also decided to pull out in front of me and hit Bessie (the van). Which lead to me driving a rental for most of September. (Don't worry - Bessie's all better.) I also worked really hard with Mamu on his potty training and made several top 40 hits into pooping songs.


October:
We went to the zoo with Auntie and really helped expand her knowledge of animals. (We love you Auntie!) We learned that Mamu loves the wolf at the zoo! We visited the fire station and had a great Halloween with Mamu as Woody the Cowboy and Bebe as Jessie the Cowgirl. We had a great Trunk or Treat with Grandpa giving us a surprise visit and MG & Grandaddy doing a fabulous trunk! Jason also performed in Drood and I got to see him sing a solo! We went to the pumpkin patch and rode the fun (albeit dusty) train. Bebe actually got to carve a pumpkin this year and passed down the light brite pumpkin to Mamu (which he LOVED because it involved a hammer).



November:
Wow. Jason and I have been married for 9 years this past November. How he still puts up with Crazy (i.e. Me) I don't know (I think he REALLY likes that Auntie is here because she gets to hear the crazy too! and that deflects from him hearing it!), but I'm happy he still puts up with me! We had a great Thanksgiving at MG and Grandaddy's house, as well as a great Black (sleepless) Friday. We watched the Texas Rangers make history becoming the American League Champions. We also helped MG and Grandaddy get their Christmas tree. Jason and I also began the Play Fort project.

December:
Well, as December usually does, it started out fast and hasn't really slowed down! We breakfasted with Santa, built a train at Build and Grow (over 3 weekends), were in the Christmas parade, had class parties, worked more on the play fort, and enjoyed several Christmas movies. Shopping is done (well, I don't know if Jason's done ...) and presents are wrapped. I've made the Christmas pajamas (matching of course) for the kids, as well as a couple of other gifts (but this in no way matches the Spring Break Craftiness). We're planning on going to TubaChristmas either tomorrow or Friday (depends on what the weather decides to do) and then onto Christmas Eve and Christmas.

All in all, it's been a great year. The kids are doing great and really entertaining each other (like right now, while I've been writing this, Bebe has been reading to Mamu -- the whole time) although they do have their moments (like right now when I just heard Bebe tell Mamu "Ow! That hurts!"). The most important thing is that we love each other and 'as far as anybody knows, we're a nice, normal family' - but for those of you who really know us -- we're a nice, Crazy family!

No comments: