Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I Shoulda Been Born Cajun

So, I have this odd facsination with the Cajun people.

Now, not actually having met any Cajun people (that I am aware of - I might have stumbled upon a few when we went to Louisiana this summer, but they weren't wearing any Hello, My Name is Cajun Person name tags) I really only know what I've seen on movies and TV and what I've read in books.

I picture them as Louisiana's verison of the Texas Redneck, only cooler 'cause they have their own musical style. And I do love that musical style. Like, really love it.

I wrote about my friend who made the CDs for Christmas and this is by FAR my FAVORITE ever! I seriously listen to it a.l.l. the time during the Christmas season and then mourn it when I have to put the Christmas music away.

So I will share this with you. Don't watch it for the video. Seriously not sure what's going on with that, but just listen and enjoy.



1 comment:

Terrell said...

Sadly, although I'm from Louisiana, I can't claim Cajun blood (I can however promise my grandparents lived next door to some Cajun folk- they're so Cajun they're on the show, Swamp People). Anyway, I wanted to tell you about a WONDERFUL book that I think you'd love, the Cajun Night Before Christmas by James Rice. As soon as I read this post, it came to mind.