So, I'm a crazy cleaning woman both yesterday and today.
For those of you who are familiar with the "Closet of Doom" will be glad to know it's been renamed the "Closet of Utopia". Last night I had to look for my address book (in the 'closet of doom') and I've been planning on cleaning it out this weekend, but I couldn't stand it any more!
So at 8 pm last night, I began to clean it out.
Around 8:45, I decided I needed more plastic storage (who doesn't?).
Luckily, I have a very understanding husband that realizes enough to get away from me when I'm in the cleaning mode and 'understood' that I needed to go to Target. Right then.
So I went to target. Now, I had planned on going to the gym before the cleaning of the closet of doom, so I was in yoga pants, a long sleeved paint smeared shirt, a hoodie jacket and I'm pretty sure my hair was quite wild. I don't know about you, but I mutter and talk to myself when I'm shopping. It might be because I'm usually never alone, so I constantly am talking to the kids, Jason, whomever, or it might be because I'm crazy. Either way, I sure looked like escaped from an asylum last night as I wandered the Target aisles, partly in shock since it was so quiet and not busy, and partly crazy because I was muttering to myself.
Things like:
--Hmm... I think that the kids would like this...
--Wow, that's a good deal.
--This is a little freaky. (It was this weird toy)
--Umm, that's a good idea for Jason.
--Oh. I don't want a box that's ripped.
--I need that.
--Oh! That matches Didi's stuff.
And more. Much more.
Anyways, I made it through there and mostly finished my Christmas shopping as well. I came home and finished cleaning out the closet. I moved a storage piece out of there --ok, really, Jason moved it for me-- and couldn't decide where to put it. Thus started the chain reaction.
I went to bed around midnight (yes, I had to work this morning). I came home tonight and moved some more things around. I still need to go through my fabric stash and get that organized, but after that, I think I'll be happy with the changes! I just need to clean out the playroom and figure out what toys need to stay and what toys can go on vacation.
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment