So, as usual, I have a pretty happy, sunny outlook - right?Also, I usually don't realize that the day sucked until the end of the day when something ELSE happens, and then I review the day (looking for a "it wasn't all bad" thought and can only find one or two) and then realize parts of it really sucked.
This morning was alright - Mamu and Bebe ate breakfast and played. Around 11, I made an early lunch (pancakes, which Bebe had requested) and got Mamu into bed early since I knew I'd have to get him up early to go to my Aunt Bea's house (who we haven't seen in a long time).
He Did.Not.Sleep.At.All. He peed twice - in his bed. I don't know if that was on purpose or he just did on accident. But pee, and pee he did. And change him, change him I did. Bebe rested and read for me during the 'nap' time so she wouldn't be cranky or irritable during our Aunt Bea visit. She also assembled the toy bags for each of them so they would have things to do at Aunt Bea's house, along with snacks.
So we get to Aunt Bea's house and we have a good time visiting and catching up (even if I forgot to tell her the time we'd be there).
Dinner, stocking opening, and baths at MG and Grandaddy's was a lot of fun. Mamu really enjoyed taking a bath in Grandaddy's tub and the kids enjoyed our time there -- even if it wasn't as long as we usually stay.
The drive home sucked. Not only do I not like driving at night; I don't like getting gas at night. Which is part of the reason I sorta forgot to get gas until I (must have been divine intervention) looked at the gas gauge and saw that I would not make it home without a stop at the gas station.
(I also believe I was getting a big dose of gas Karma. Last night Jason asked -- or indicated his car needed gas, so when I went to the gym could I get gas in it ok? Well I didn't for three reasons. One, I was sweaty and I hate getting gas at night. Two, my jaw hurt because of getting bumped in my chin and hurt my jaw -- so bad it hurt to chew. Three, it was raining. So I didn't get gas. I'll get it next time now that gas karma has gotten me.)
I knew one was coming up, so I exited and turned into the gas station. Or what I thought was the gas station. I pulled into the damn semi-parking lot. I went ahead and drove through thinking that it would connect on the other side; I was wrong. I know that the truckers were thinking "Look at that crazy white lady driving through our parking lot. She apparently thinks her big white van is big enough to come through our parking lot." Luckily I made it into the gas station (you know, after turning around and doing a loop) and got gas. I didn't get a full tank, just enough to get me home to a cheaper gas station. That I can also get during the day time. When I lifted the nozzle, I hit the blippedy blip gas cap and it flew off of the gas door holder thingy and it rolled UNDER the van. Not just a smidge, but all the way in the middle.
So, I laid FLAT down on the nasty ground and reached the gas cap. After I put it on, I got in the van, reassured Mamu (Bebe was asleep) that we really were going home and that this wasn't our house. Only then, when I was in the van that I thought about driving forward a bit to get it. (Yea, Jason asked me why I didn't do that too.) Then I almost missed the exit for my town. Like I haven't been driving this highway for over 10 years and been taking this exit for over 3 years, it still sneaks up on me. At least the search light for the airport is on and it reminded me. (There's a small airstrip right near my exit). Luckily, I made it home with no more fodder for the blog (thankfully).
So there you have it - I'll let you figure out what I would like to not repeat from today.
And here's some picture lovin' for you:

"Bebe? You think Momma's crazy?"
"Yes, Mamu, she is...but we still love her anyways."
No comments:
Post a Comment