So, many of you know (and probably many of you don't) that in my family we have a tendency to get 'choked up' during random acts or events --or even commericals. It's so bad that we joked at my wedding that we needed cards that said "I'm having a heart attack, please call 911." to give out in case we really were having a heart attack and people we just so used to seeing that face and dismissing it. We really credit my Dad with having these faces, but I'm just as bad. There's a picture of me walking down the aisle with my Dad and BOTH of us have these chokey faces on. Once he starts, I'm not too far behind. (I would put a picture of that here, but since I don't have a flatbed scanner and my wedding photos are sealed into the album from the photographer, you'll just have to use your imagination.)
This especially happens to me at random times during the Christmas season, so I thought that I'd chronicle them for you and you can see how truly crazy I am... like you needed any more proof.
Top Five Things that make me cry during the Christmas season:
5 - Stupid 'coming home' commericals - you know, the kid that just walks through the door from some far away place and the parents are so overjoyed that they've forgotten he just got released from the psych ward or something.
4- The Christmas parade. Really? Yes. The Christmas parade. Especially when Santa comes down the road.
3- TubaChristmas. This is an event I'll write about later, but every year anyone who plays the tuba or baritone can get together and play Christmas carols. Gets me every year.
2- Toys for Tots. I mean - Marines + Toys + Deserving Kids= Tears.
1- Visiting Santa with the kids - really the first time that I say "Look! It's Santa!" Honestly, anything to do with Santa.
AND... anytime I'm with my Dad and he starts up.
I guess I'll have to go find the heart attack cards to avoid confusion this holiday season.
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment