Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 6, 2010

4 Days left!

Only 4 days left until I get to hold my little K K! It's also 4 days left until our Mother's Day luau! I decided that since it'll be the first time that my mom, Didi, and I will be together on Mother's Day when we are all mothers, it was time for a big celebration. What a better way to welcome back my sister from Alaska than with an Hawaiian theme?
So last week, Bebe, Mamu and I went off to the fabulous Dollar Tree to outfit our backyard to turn it into Luau central and got some fabulous finds! Now, I just need to find Hawaiian shirts for Bebe, Didi, and myself - I don't think I can convince Jason into to get into one. Don't worry - I've got a grass skirt for him though. I've even got "Island Tunes" to play and super awesome hurricane glasses.
I am working on a menu for the luau (some themed food, some not) and I'm going to make a Hula bear cake. I've got to finish that up and get thee to the grocery store! Don't worry, I'll post pictures next week.
Bebe is super excited and ready to start decorating now. We'll have to wait until Sunday since the wind is gusty right now. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and our outdoor luau will be a success!

2 comments:

Terrell said...

Sounds like a lot of fun and a great reason to celebrate! You should have let me known you needed Hawaiian shirts- I TOTALLY could have hooked you up :)

I'm Emily! said...

I totally should have! I didn't even connect those thoughts! Hopefully I can find some at Goodwill or at CCA. I will keep you in mind next Hawaiian emergency!