Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 9, 2010

They're here!

So today was the day! The day that I've been planning for since I found out that Didi and KK would be coming home on Mother's Day! It went off fabulously and eventhough it was very cool outside and rained a little, we still had the island feel.






Dad was watching the flight on his iphone so we knew where they were pretty much the whole time. Bebe had to finish her chapter book from school, so I figured it was a great time for her to read! We left and got there just in time to get Didi and KK - we waited maybe 5 minutes at baggage claim.


Don't they look great for being on airplanes for 9 hours? I sure think so! Mom and I did restrain ourselves from leaping over luggage and pushing past people, but I know that we were doing that in our heads! We each took turns holding her.





After we collected their luggage, we headed back to the truck to get everyone home. I'll write more about the luau another day, hopefully tomorrow.


Funny story: Didi had sent a box in the mail with all of KK's cloth diapers and other things. She called Mom and asked her to open the box and take out the diapers from the top. Well, Didi had apparently packed the swim diapers on top, so that's what Mom grabbed. [She's not used to the whole swim diaper thing - they didn't have those when we were little.] So we had a great laugh and Didi had extra diapers, so things were good. :)

No comments: