I have LOVED me some Newsies since the first time I saw it (probably pretty close to the original release date - 1992 ish). I have the movie on VHS and the CD and this song is one of my ringtones on my phone. (Yes, I am a nerd, and I'm proud of it.)
Do you know how excited I was to hear this in the dance studio? The young boys' hip hop group at the dance studio is doing their dance to this song. So, I hear it every week while I'm waiting for Bebe's class to finish. Well, today, I actually got to SEE the dance and it was pretty darn good! Now, normally, I'm ready to NEVER hear the dance songs again (or at least for a couple of months) but not this one! One of the moms and I a couple weeks ago actually busted some moves in the waiting room to it (she loves it too). Ironically, my phone rang with this song as they were dancing to it and everyone thought that was pretty cool too (I know, another dorky moment, but us dance moms have to do something to pass the time!).
Anyway, I just hope to inspire you to do some little dancing around today or a little pick me up if you need it. If not, ignore the sweet 1920's children. (Jason says that his theater group will NEVER do this show. Something about having all of those kids ....)
No comments:
Post a Comment