Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, May 10, 2010

Luau Time!

So we busted out the Hawaiian shirts, leis, plastic grass skirts, hair flowers, flamingos, tiki balloons, and pineapples for our fabulous Mother's Day / Welcome Home party. Unfortunately, the Texas weather didn't get the e-vite and it was a lovely 65 degrees with a few showers sprinkled in for good measure. Did that stop us? NO! We enjoyed good food, family time in the backyard (with my new chairs - my Mother's Day present), and some much enjoyed Didi and KK time! We have decided to do another Luau when Mark comes in with Lightning in a couple of weeks and maybe the weather will cooperate then as well. We *might* make it a Hick Style Luau just to make it more fun! KK definitely enjoyed meeting everyone, and I'm really excited that she's now only an hour away and I can get to see her (and Didi too!) more often.

We had a fun time hula hooping and have determined that Bebe is definitely the best hula hooper among us! We also determined that Jason's new grill works wonderfully! The smoke stack is fabulously great for toasting marshmallows and pineapple.

I'm so ready for summer to be here (for a number of reasons, for which another post shall list), but I definitely don't want to wish my days away. It was nice sitting on the patio shooting the breeze and enjoying each other's company. Enjoy the pictures:











No comments: