So we had Field Day today at our school. Jason did a great job as class dad and helped out a lot with Bebe's friends and cheered like no other!
After surviving 19 Kindergarteners and 3 preschoolers - they join my class for these things - (11 of those having a diagnosed disability of either Autism, Behavioral Disorder, or Learning Disability) I decided that it was time to go get my Mother's Day present! Eventhough I had a pretty bad headache, I decided to suffer through to get these. I've been waiting for about 3 years to get patio chairs and Jason finally said I could for Mother's Day.
Off to the store we trotted (after picking Mamu up from school) and I picked out the chairs I wanted. It took some wrangling to get them into the van since I had forgotten that the sit and stand stroller was in the back, but with Bebe's help, we got them in there and home! I'll have pictures posted from our Luau this weekend.
But the funny things were the comments in the car on the way home:
Mamu: (who had just gotten a new matchbox car and had "lost it" - his new game) "Where car go?"
Me: "I don't know. Did you drop it?"
Mamu: "It's behind me leg!"
Bebe: "When did Mamu start talking Irish?"
I cracked up!
Also, today on the playground we let the kids have some extra play time, so they intermingled with the 1st graders (which never happens). I got to see Bebe play with some of my Kinders that ADORE her. I mean they treat her like a rock star! Every day when the 1st graders walk out, they run to the side of the playground so they can wave to her and walk with her for part of the way. They also love to tell me when they see her in the hall! So anyway, I had asked Bebe after school if she had played with anyone after we had gone back into the school.
Bebe: "No, that I just walked around."
I said, "I just wanted you to play with someone your own age, since you won't get to this weekend."
Bebe: "Mom, I will STILL be 7 when I come back on Monday."
Bebe: "Mom, I will STILL be 7 when I come back on Monday."
Ok. Gotcha. Not as good as the Irish comment, but it sure did make me smile!
Only 1 day left until I get to see this cutie! Notice the super dee duper cute hat her Auntie made for her!
No comments:
Post a Comment